- Sleeps: 10 - 14
- Bedrooms: 7 doubles
- Bath/Shower Rooms: 3 bathrooms (with showers), 5 shower rooms
- Rent per week: £3,430 - £8,580
- Key features: Wow-factor interior
12 x 6 metre pool and 'bassin'
Close to Saignon and Bonnieux
Croissants, bread and milk delivered
Join the newsletter
Les Prés Blancs
Totally renovated and decorated inside and out, Les Prés Blancs is a stunning property in the Luberon region of Provence, comprising a 5-bedroom Main House and a 2-bedroom Annexe. The owners have beautifully enhanced the original character with great sophistication and have added a state-of-the-art kitchen, together ensuring a real ‘wow’ factor.
Featured in The Telegraph’s Ultratravel selection of 12 Luxury Villas and Chateaux in France, June 2013.
"We were in much need of a peaceful holiday, and were so happy to have experienced one at Les Prés Blancs. We were very well looked after by Christophe the caretaker, and it was a magical time, watching the full moon rise over the hills of the Luberon and listening to the birds at breakfast time. The pool was gorgeous, and all the rooms were so well equipped with everything one could wish for. And the kitchen was amazing. We had the best time eating in local restaurants in the villages of Saignon and Bonnieux. We cannot recommend Les Prés Blancs too highly. We shall return soon !"
Tom Butterfield, Director, Masterworks Museum of Art, Bermuda.
If you like 5-star accomodation, you won't be disappointed. "Les Prés Blancs" takes your breath away! The pictures on Anglo French Properties' website don't do it justice. We stayed in this amazing house in the summer of 2015, hosting a wedding there, and it was perfect. Our guests were blown away.
The owner has thought of everything, even down to having fresh bread and croissants delivered every day, courtesy of the caretaker, Christophe, who was on hand to assist in all matter of things.
We asked for the pool to be heated, and it was so pleasant that you could spend hours in it!
This house is very spacious, with an immense amount of character, and lots of places to explore both within it and within its grounds. You don't need to think of a thing when staying here, everything is taken care of. There is also a wonderful local chef, Tim, should you wish to hire someone to cook any meals for you. His food was amazing - our guests are still talking about it!
All in all, I would also like to extend a huge thank you to Miles Maskell who takes "arranging a holiday" to a new level. A very smooth and considerate service.
Helen Low (now Wilson) Perthshire, Scotland
This magnificent, secluded, south-facing Farmhouse includes parts dating back to the early 1600’ s. Made ready for the 2013 season, Les Prés Blancs has been renovated and furnished with designer flair to the highest possible standards.
The House is built on 3 floors and because of the slope of the land, its main entrance is on the first floor, whilst the ground floor kitchen opens onto a stunning courtyard terrace with the swimming pool beyond.
A 500-metre drive winds from a quiet road above the House to ample parking near the main entrance, to one side of which is a small terrace with a round table and chairs.
The Main House:
Sitting Room – with high, exposed raftered ceilings and a second floor gallery on three sides. There’s a magnificent stone fireplace (logs supplied and replenished as required), comfortable sofas and a wide-screen satellite TV. A passage at the far end of the sitting room leads to a small west-facing terrace, with a table and chairs.
- Gymnasium – equipped with a multi-purpose power-walker, yoga mats, weights etc.
- Utility Room – with 2 clothes washers and 2 tumble driers, an ironing board and an iron, a hot water tank, the central heating system etc.
- Cloakroom with a W.C.
- Bedroom 1 - with exposed beamed ceiling, a 5’6” double bed and south-facing window. A large en-suite (Bathroom 1) has a free-standing bath, walk-in-shower and a W.C.
- Bedroom 2 – very large with exposed beamed ceiling, a 5’6” double bed and south and west-facing windows. An en-suite (Bathroom 2) has a free-standing bath with overhead shower, twin washbasins and a W.C.
Bedroom 3 - with a 5’6” double bed and south and west-facing windows. A large and stylish en-suite (Shower Room 1) has a walk-in shower, stone washbasin and a W.C.
- Bedroom 4 - with exposed raftered ceiling, two 4’ beds and a south-facing window. An en-suite (Shower Room 2) has a shower and W.C.
- Minstrels Gallery overlooking the sitting room.
- Bedroom 5 - with a 5’6” double bed, an east-facing window and en-suite (Bathroom 3) with a bath, overhead shower and a W.C.
- Kitchen – very large and state of the art, with a beautiful exposed wood ceiling. The very latest equipment includes a cooker with 5 hobs and extractor fans, 2 big, eye-level electric ovens, a large fridge with an ice-maker, 2 dishwashers, a deep-freeze, a microwave, an espresso machine, 2 toasters, etc. Wide, French doors open onto the south-facing courtyard.
- TV Room - to the left of the kitchen, with sofas, armchairs and a wood-burning fireplace. A door opens onto the courtyard.
- Wine Cellar – beyond the kitchen, with wines that can be purchased from the caretaker, Christophe.
- Dining Room – with a beautiful, barrelled ceiling and an elegant table seating 12.
- Shower Room 3 – to the right of the kitchen and accessed from the courtyard. Equipped with a shower and a W.C. A second room holds an additional fridge and deep-freeze.
The 2-storey Annexe
Located on one side of the courtyard, and about 20 metres from the Main House.
- Bedroom 6 - with French doors onto a south-facing lawn, this Bedroom has a 5'6" double bed, a comfortable sofa and an armchair. An en-suite (Shower Room 4) with a shower and a W.C.
- Bedroom 7 - with two 3'6" single beds, a comfortble sofa, archair. An en-suite (Shower Room 5) with a shower and a W.C.
Garden & Grounds
Les Prés Blancs stands in 2.6 hectares (6 acres) of lawns and lavender fields, surrounded by woods. As part of the renovations, the terraces and gardens have been extensively re-planned and replanted.
The courtyard faces south and overlooks the swimming pool. It has a shaded table seating 12 and a gas-fired barbecue. There is also a 2-seater sofa, 4 cane chairs, a low table and a sun umbrella. ‘Boules’ can be played in the courtyard (the ‘boules’ are kept in the house), and a table tennis table, complete with a net, bats and balls, can be set up in the the car park.
An unusual feature is the former lavender distillery, 50 metres from the main house, which has a heated ‘bassin’ (a small pool), surrounded by sun beds and enjoying wonderful views of the mountains in the distance – a blissful spot for a sundowner! The whole feature is surrounded by a child-proof fence.
The filtered swimming pool measures 12 x 6 metres, with an overall depth of 1.50 metres and accessed via a ladder. Sunbeds and sun umbrellas surround the pool, and there’s also an outside shower. The pool is alarmed and has an electrically-operated cover which should be closed at night for safety’s sake and to retain the water temperature. The pool is floodlit and can be heated at a charge of £120 per week which will be deducted from the Booking and Security Deposit. There is no charge for heating the ‘bassin’ (see above).
Les Prés Blancs is located 3 kms from the exceptionally attractive village of Saignon with some shops and several restaurants. The property is also 8 kms from the pretty Provençal village of Bonnieux which also has very reasonable shopping and some good restaurants. The larger town of Apt is 9 kms, with more shops, supermarkets, restaurants and a hospital.
The closest airports are Avignon (1 hour) which has some international flights, and the major international airport of Marseilles/Marignane (90 minutes). The nearest access to the autoroute is at Cavaillon (45 minutes), whilst the superfast train, the TGV, stops at Avignon.
- Christophe Rossi and Sebastien Puglisi are the caretakers and at least one of them will meet tenants on arrival, show them around and explain how everything works, including the House alarm.
- Christophe will bring bread, croissants and milk every morning, as well as newspapers if requested.
- A cleaner is employed by the owners for 3 hours per day on 3 mid-week days per week, in addition to changing bath and pool towels and bed linen each Saturday. Any extra hours may be agreed with her by tenants and paid direct at €14 per hour.
- Garden and pool maintenance are paid for by the owner.
- As long as sufficient notice is given, a cook and/or a baby-sitter can probably be found for one or more occasions. His/her/their wage will be the tenants’ responsibility and, if requested, can be ascertained prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided free of charge.
- There are telephones throughout the House, and local calls are free of charge. Whilst mobile reception isn’t possible from the house, it can be obtained from the road at the top of the drive.
- Broadband/WiFi internet access is available throughout the House, but please bear in mind that Les Pres Blancs is a very rural property and whilst every effort will be made to provide Broadband/WiFi access at all times, it cannot be guaranteed.
- There are hair-dryers and fans in every bedroom, plus 2 cots with bedding, and a high chair.
- This is a year-round property. The thickness of the walls ensures that the House is cool throughout the summer and warm in the winter. In addition, there is underfloor heating in the kitchen, dining room and sitting room, radiators in all the bedrooms and heated towel rails in the bathrooms/shower rooms.
- There are English-language books throughout the house, plus playing cards and board games.
- There is a wall safe in bedroom 4.
The House Manual is very detailed and describes how everything works (both inside and out), besides listing a doctor, a dentist, an osteopath, a hair dresser, plus various other useful numbers.
Things to See & Do near Les Prés Blancs
The house manual contains details of when and where the local markets take place along with lots of information regarding shops selling local specialities, supermarkets, recommended restaurants and local highlights. The manual includes details of the following:
- Walks in the surrounding National Parks – this is spectacular walking country.
- Canoeing, kayaking, dinghy sailing and rafting on the local rivers and lakes. The nearest point-of-hire is probably at Lauris on the Durance river (20 minutes). These lakes also offer swimming from sandy beaches, whilst several have quite reasonable restaurants on their shores.
- The spectacular Gorges du Verdon, Europe's Grand Canyon, offers adventure activities of many kinds.
- The vineyards which abound in the region, offering tours, tastings and on-the-spot purchases.
- The stunning and hugely photogenic small towns and villages in the surrounding area - Bonnieux, Saignon, Vaugines (where the ever-popular Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources were filmed), Lourmarin, Ansouis, Apt, Roussillon, L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Ménerbes and Gordes, to name but some.
- The historic cities (and cultural centres) of Aix-en-Provence, Nîmes and Avignon. There are distinguished music festivals in all of them, particularly in Aix.
- The numerous châteaux, abbeys, churches, gardens, art galleries, museums and archaeological sites that are well worth a visit, as well as the many cultural and sporting events taking place in the surrounding area.
- The best nearby Mediterranean beaches are in the 'Calanques' (coves) to the west of Cassis, as well as the larger beaches east of this small coastal town, several of which have windsurfing, waterskiing and sailing facilities. Cassis also has some good seafood restaurants.
- The local children's zoos and adventure playgrounds.
- The grottoes and caves, many of them with features from their fascinating pre-historic past.
- Flying, ballooning and parapenting over the spectacular local countryside.
- The tennis club in Apt and the nearest golf courses.
- Riding stables (only 3 minutes’ drive), where top-class lessons can be booked and trekking can be arranged through the surrounding countryside.
- The many local lavender and honey farms.
Rents & Terms
2018 Rents and Terms
Parties of 11-14 Parties of 10 and under
May, June & September £6,690 per week £5,360 per week
July & August £8,580 per week £7,730 per week
October £4,030 per week £3,430 per week
If parties are for 10 and under, the 2-Bedroom Annexe will be closed.
Rents for weekend breaks are negotiable.
Except by prior arrangement, all tenancies will be for a minimum of 1 week, and will begin and end on a Saturday.
Tenants should arrive as soon as possible after 4pm on the commencement day, and must leave before 10am on the agreed day of departure. They will be met on arrival at the Main House.
A deposit of 25% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
A Booking and Security Deposit of £500 will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking, and will cover the cost of (a) telephone calls (other than local calls) made during the tenancy, (b) replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental, (c) if required, pool heating @ £120 per week, and (d) any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of the tenancy. This Deposit will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 4 weeks of the tenancy’s conclusion.
Unless otherwise agreed, there should not be more than 12 people staying in the Main House and the Annexe at any one time.
The owner's insurance policy requires that all windows and shutters are closed, that all outside doors are locked, and that the alarm is set whenever tenants are away from the property.
Please notify either of the caretakers, Christophe Rossi or Sebastien Puglisi, as well as Anglo French Properties Ltd of any losses, breakages or damages at the end of each rental. This is in lieu of an inventory.
Please switch off the outside lights throughout the garden before retiring at night.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Luberon and Var.
For a multi-faceted holiday in the South of France, our luxury Côte d’Azur Villas are within easy reach of fabulous beaches, Monte Carlo, Nice, Antibes and Cannes, and the many other attractions of this famous coastline.