- Sleeps: 11
- Bedrooms: 1 king size, 2 doubles, 1 double/twin, 1 room with 3 single beds
- Bath/Shower Rooms: 2 bathrooms (1 with shower), 2 shower rooms
- Rent per week: £3,500 - £6,250
- Key features: 10 acres of garden
10 x 4.75 metre pool
Pool House TV room
Spectacular views to the Bay of St Tropez
Join the newsletter
By signing up to our email newsletter, you agree to Anglo French Properties Ltd sending you an approximately quarterly newsletter, and where applicable current offers/promotions. Your email data will be shared with our 3rd party email marketing provider for this purpose
Le Mas de Ravanassier
Le Mas de Ravanassier is a stone-built Villa, set in landscaped gardens, with a tennis court and a pool, overlooking the Bay of St Tropez, just 14 kms away. Ravanassier is beautifully light and modern throughout and particularly well equipped for families, including a pool house with its own plasma TV, DVD player and table tennis area.
"A wonderful villa for a perfect family holiday - with a great swimming pool and tennis court - and a 'boules' court as well. A marvellous hill-top situation with commanding views towards St Tropez. We much appreciated the kindness and helpfulness of the caretakers, Liliane and Michel."
Ann Shaw, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland.
We are now safely back to reality. We had a lovely week and the villa lived up to all our expectations and provided for a very happy time for everyone. We appreciated the space inside and outside. We had Madame Dugravot, the cook whom you arranged, for 2 nights which was a wonderful treat. Michael and Liliane were delightful. Our only regret is that we forgot to say so in the visitors book in our haste to leave by 10am. Please pass on our thanks to the Bristowe family for sharing with us what is a very special place.
Tim Gardner, Oxfordshire, England
We just wanted to say what a wonderful week we had at "Le Mas de Ravanassier".
The house is so perfect and has everything one could want with the pool, tennis court, boules, table tennis, gorgeous terraces and simply outstanding views. We really fell in love with the villa, its position and the area. It's so peaceful.
The rooms are all so comfortable and the kitchen has everything one needs.
Thank you for your recommendations, too. We went to the beach you suggested and had a delicious lunch in its restaurant. We also has a really good meal in Grimaud.
Brigette Baddeley, Kent, England.
- Reception room (15 sq m) - with a sofa.
- Cloakroom with a WC.
- Sitting Room (48 sq m) - with sofas and armchairs, a large wood-burning fireplace, stereo CD/radio system and a selection of CDs. Three pairs of French doors open onto the east-facing main terrace with wonderful views to the Bay of St Tropez and beyond.
- Bedroom 1 (16 sq m) - with a double bed and fitted cupboards. French windows lead to the main terrace, whilst a window on a second side overlooks the olive grove to the south. A large, en-suite (Bathroom 1) has a bath, a bidet and a W.C. There 's a safe in this Bedroom.
- Bedroom 2 (13 sq m) - with a double bed, fitted cupboards and views over the olive grove. An en-suite (Shower Room 1) with a shower and a W.C.
- Bedroom 3 (12 sq m) – ideal for children, with 3 single beds, fitted cupboards and French doors leading onto the terrace. An en-suite (Bathroom 2) has a bath, a bidet and a WC.
- Bedroom 4 (13 sq m) – known as ‘The Tower Bedroom’. This is air-conditioned, and has a double bed which can be split into two singles, and windows on 2 sides which provide panoramic views to the north, east and south. The en-suite (Shower Room 2) has a shower and a WC.
- Dining Room (20 sq m) – with a table seating 10 and French doors to the main terrace where there is a shaded area with a lunching/dining table seating 10 and a second table (with bench seats) which is ideal for children.
- Bedroom 5 (24 sq m) – the large master bedroom with a king-size bed, fitted cupboards and two pairs of French windows opening onto the main terrace. An en suite (Bathroom 3) has a bath, a walk-in shower, 2 wash basins, a bidet and a W.C.
- Kitchen – modern and well-equipped with 2 electric ovens and a separate gas hob, a microwave, large fridge-freezer/ice-maker, dishwasher, cafetière, toaster etc.
- Laundry room – with a washing machine, spin-dryer and access to the caretakers' ground floor flat.
Garden & Grounds
This substantial Provençal Villa is secluded from its neighbours and set in four hectares (nearly 10 acres) of garden, olive groves and woods. There are magnificent views in several directions, including Port Grimaud, the Bay of St Tropez and its glittering harbour.
The Villa's dominant position allows for maximum hours of sunshine and provides spectacular sunrises over the Mediterranean and sunsets over the Maure hills. The garden is landscaped with cypresses, cork oaks, palms, mimosas and eucalyptus.
Stone steps lead from the Villa’s main terrace to the heated, filtered swimming pool which measures 10 metres in length and 4.75m in width, with a depth of 2.3m at the deep end and 1.3m at the shallow end and which is accessed via wide, tiled steps. It has an electrically-operated, child-proof cover which should be closed at night to retain the heat and to prevent possible accidents. There is an excellent range of poolside furniture including sun beds and sun umbrellas.
Adjacent to the swimming pool is an air-conditioned pool house, which has been rebuilt and refurbished. It has a shower and a WC, as well as a plasma TV with Freeview, plus a DVD player – an ideal den for children and teenagers! There's also a table tennis table alongside the pool house, a second poolside shower and a charcoal-fired portable barbecue.
Also close to the swimming pool is a ‘boules’ pitch, whilst terraces descend to the tennis court which has been resurfaced to the highest standards, with a practice wall at one end.
Le Mas de Ravanassier stands on the summit of the Colle du Turc in the hills which provide a backdrop to the glittering Côte d’Azur. The villa is set in a private estate and overlooks the medieval village of Grimaud and its castle, about 2.5 kms to the east. Grimaud has adequate shopping and some good -to- excellent restaurants.
Just 7 kms from the villa, Port Grimaud is a modern take on Venice, with pretty houses and restaurants lining canals and squares, and attractive beaches. The glamorous harbour town of St Tropez is 14 kms, with its famous beaches 2 or 3 kms further round the Bay. Traffic into St Tropez in high season can make journeys slow unless setting out in the early-ish morning or the late afternoon/evening. This said, there's a regular ferry service between Port Grimaud, St Tropez and Ste Maxime with crossings taking just 10-15 minutes.
Le Mas de Ravanassier is about ¾ of an hour's drive south of Le Luc on the A8 autoroute, 1½ hours south west of Nice airport and about the same distance north east of Toulon (Hyères) airport. The super-fast train, the TGV, stops both at Fréjus and Cannes which are within easy reach and there are local trains to St Raphaël and Les Arcs. Monte Carlo and the many other resorts and attractions of the Côte d'Azur are also very reachable.
- The caretakers, Michel and Liliane Miclo, live in an adjoining, self-contained flat. Michel is paid by the owners to looks after the garden, grounds and the swimming pool. Liliane (or her deputy) is paid as cleaner for 6 hours per week. Any additional hours of work should be arranged directly with Liliane and paid by tenants at the rate of €15 per hour.
- Bed linen as well as bath and pool towels are provided free of charge, and will be changed by Liliane (or her deputy), on a weekly basis.
- As long as sufficient notice is given, a part-time cook can probably also be provided. His/her wage will be the tenants' responsibility and will be ascertained prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
- The rental includes telephone/fax, Broadband/WiFi internet access, and mains water. (Please bear in mind that fresh water can be a precious commodity in the South of France and tenants are requested not to use it unnecessarily)
- There is a cot (with bedding), a high chair, plastic plates and bowls for babies, a car seat and 2 booster car seats.
- There are electric radiators in all the principal rooms.
- There is ample parking space in front of the Villa.
- A chest of drawers in the sitting room contains numerous board games. There is a bridge table and a selection of English-language books.
- The villa has a very useful Information Folder listing local doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians etc. plus hints and instructions regarding the Villa and its grounds.
Things to See & Do near Le Mas de Ravanassier
- The Information Folder also provides the details of when and where the local markets take place, arguably the best being in St Tropez. The Folder includes maps, brochures and information on supermarkets, shops selling local specialities, restaurants and local highlights. The Tourist Offices in Grimaud, Port Grimaud, St Tropez and Cogolin also have lots of useful information.
- There are many pretty villages which are well worth a visit - Grimaud and Port Grimaud, Plan-de-la-Tour, Gassin, Ramatuelle, Bormes-les-Mimosas and Collobrières, to name but some.
- A number of local vineyards encourage visits as well as tastings and purchases. There is also an excellently priced wine co-operative on the road between Grimaud and Ste Maxime.
- There is a tennis club in Grimaud where lessons can be arranged.
- There are several good 18-hole golf courses in the vicinity, the majority of which are listed in the Information Folder. The nearest are Beauvallon and Ste Maxime, whilst St. Endréol, Barbaroux, Château de Toulane and Valcros are outstanding.
- The best beaches are probably Pampelonne (with its 'Club 55'), Gigaro and Cavalaire (all south of St. Tropez) and boats can be hired at Ste Maxime to take passengers direct to these beaches.
- There are boat trips to the Isles d'Hyères, Porquerolles being the largest of these islands.
- A livery stable on the road between Grimaud and Cogolin offers riding lessons as well as trekking in the surrounding hills.
- There are some marvellous walks and mountain-bike trails in the vicinity. Bicycles can be hired in Cogolin.
- Port Grimaud offers children-friendly sailing, water-skiing and wind-surfing lessons.
- There's a go-karting circuit between Grimaud and Port Grimaud.
- Small children will enjoy the "little train" which runs between Grimaud and Port Grimaud.
Rents & Terms
2021 Rents and Terms
Saturday 27th March - Saturday 3rd April
£4,500 per week
Saturday 3rd April - Saturday 10th April
£4,500 per week
Saturday 10th April - Saturday 22nd May
£3,500 per week
Saturday 22nd May - Saturday 26th June
£4,750 per week
Saturday 26th June - Saturday 4th September
£6,250 per week
Saturday 4th September - Saturday 30th October £4,750 per week
Unless otherwise agreed, all lets will be for a minimum of 1 week, and will begin and end on a Saturday. Tenants should arrive between 4 pm and 6 pm on the commencement day, and should leave before 10 am on the agreed day of departure. They will be met on arrival at the villa by the caretakers.
A deposit of 25% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the 75% balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
A Booking and Security Deposit of £500 will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking and will cover: (a) the cost of telephone and fax calls made on the house telephone during the tenancy, (b) electricity consumed by tenants including, if required, that used for heating the swimming pool, and (c) the cost of replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental.
The villa will be extensively cleaned prior to the start of each rental, and tenants should advise Liliane should such work fall short of expectations. Tenants are expected to leave the villa in the condition in which they found it, especially the kitchen, bathrooms and the barbecue. The cost of any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of a tenancy will also be deducted from the Booking and Security Deposit. This Deposit will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 8 weeks of the conclusion of the rental.
There should not be more than 11 people including children and babies staying in the Villa at any one time.
Tenants should advise both Liliane Miclo and Anglo French Properties Ltd at the end of each rental of any losses, breakages or damages. This is in lieu of an inventory.
The owners' insurance policy requires that all shutters are closed and that all outside doors are locked whenever tenants are away from the property.
Please close all sun umbrellas and sun blinds/awnings at night and on windy days to prevent damage to them.
Please switch off all outside lights including those in the pool, before retiring at night.
There is a dog, Iona, which lives with the caretakers. She is very friendly, but is not allowed in the Villa and should not be fed by tenants.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Luberon and Var.
For a multi-faceted holiday in the South of France, our luxury Côte d’Azur Villas are within easy reach of fabulous beaches, Monte Carlo, Nice, Antibes and Cannes, and the many other attractions of this famous coastline.