- Sleeps: 10 (plus babies or children under 2)
- Bedrooms: 2 Double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, 1 twin bedroom (beds can join to form a double) with en suite bathroom, and 2 smaller twin bedrooms
- Bathrooms: 3 ensuite bathrooms and one further bathroom.
- Rent per week: €2,500 - €4,950 per week
- Key features:
- Spacious and extremely comfortable House
Air Conditioning throughout
Wi-fi throughout the villa
15 x 7m Infinity Pool with pergola/terrace/patio adjoining.
Set in secluded Gardens and private woodland.
Join the newsletter
By signing up to our email newsletter, you agree to Anglo French Properties Ltd sending you an approximately quarterly newsletter, and where applicable current offers/promotions. Your email data will be shared with our 3rd party email marketing provider for this purpose
Les Chênes Verts
A luxury villa in secluded gardens and private woodland. Les Chênes Verts is perfectly located half an hour from Nice and 20 minutes from Cannes, Antibes, the beaches of the Côtes d'Azur and only a few minutes drive from the beautiful villages of Valbonne and Mougins. It sits on a hillside with views across a wooded valley to the picturesque hamlet of Plascassier.
The villa is available for rent throughout the year and the spacious accommodation, beautiful pool and many facilities make it very appealing for families holidaying together in this lovely part of France.
Great thought and care has been put into ensuring that guests have everything they need for a perfect relaxing holiday. The glowing comments from guests and the fact that many return year after year are testament to the fact that Les Chênes Verts offers just that little bit extra.
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your beautiful villa which we found a real "home from home" in terms of the care and attention to detail you have given to equipping it for guests of different tastes and ages. The air conditioning was especially welcome as respite from the heat and we all slept well each night after enjoying visits to various places in the area and many hours in the wonderful pool. We could not have had a better setting for our long awaited family get-together and my sons with their families from Montreal, New York and Leighton Buzzard were also most appreciative of everything. Hopefully we will have future visits to Les Chênes Verts as we have so much more to explore in the area but now have the advantage of being familiar with the immediate neighbourhood.”
Angela Brown, UK
We have all enjoyed our stay at this beautiful villa. Unfortunately the time has gone too quickly. We have spent a lot of time at the pool swimming, playing volley-ball and relaxing on the giant swan. The children’s favourites have been the dinosaur golf park and the beaches. Give a child a plastic bucket and a spade and he can spend a whole day on the beach. And that is what we have done. We have visited Antibes, Juan les Pins and Cannes but it has been lovely to return to the tranquility of Les Chênes Verts. Valbonne is a beautiful village and the Friday market was an experience. Would like to thank Fernando for all the help especially the first week. He is a patient and kind caretaker.
Mary Birkhaugh and party, Norway
We have enjoyed three wonderful weeks in this lovely villa – how we will miss waking up to bright summer mornings to birdsong, red squirrels jumping from tree to tree and that majestic view. The house has accommodated us so well, the lovely swimming pool has afforded us relief from searing heat as well as hours of fun. The umbrellas and sun-beds made relaxing so easy. We have grown very fond of the area. Plascassier is quiet, calm and friendly and so convenient to get to Valbonne, Mouans Sartoux, Mougins and Grasse. Loads of great supermarkets not far away but Super-U has a charm and is clean and well-stocked. We would recommend taking the train from Mouans Sartoux (10 miles away and super parking). From there you can travel to Montons, Ventimiglia, Monte Carlo, Nice and Cannes – reasonable and hassle-free. For children, Bois de Lutins or a morning at Palm Beach Cannes for paddle boarding or kayaking. A trip to Antibes is also worthwhile. Local restaurants Auberge St Donat and Relais Gourmand are great and Pic Pizza will deliver great pizzas. Thank you to Fernando and Ivana for looking after us.
Merci et à la prochaine!
Cairns family group, UK
We absolutely love the view from the terrace where we had breakfast every morning and also many lunches and evening suppers. Occasionally we spotted a cheeky red squirrel and heard the screeches of elusive green parrots. Super-U was an essential daily part of our lives for croissants, baguettes and rosé wine of the region and everything else we ran out of. Much fun was had pool-side and an inflatable swan from Super-U is a must – preferably two … ours were named Veronique and Virginia. Places we loved visiting were Saint Paul de Vence – a medieval town with an ‘arty ‘ feel and the most charming perfume shop. Also Eze, which overlooks Saint Jean Cap Ferat from the beautiful terrace of Château de Chevre d’Or. And the pretty little beach on the west side of the fort at Mandelieu la Napoule with La Raguette beach café for a reasonably priced lunch on the beach. Villefranche sur Mer is a lovely little place to stop by and sit under a parasol watching the world go by. We also loved Antibes and Mougins. Basically we loved it all and don’t want to go home. A bientôt. PS Many thanks Fernando who was so happy to help.
Fellows, Burland party, UK
I loved everything on this holiday. I liked looking at the ponds, going on walks and finding a scorpions. I liked looking at creatures and loved swimming in the pool. We went on a boat with Kevin from Cannes – it was lots of fun. The beds were comfy and I love the house full of activities. I liked the comfy sofas and the breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything we ate.
Toby(6), Ella (4), Claire and Tom (36), UK
Our third visit to this area. The villa is excellent. Enjoyed meals at Chez Robert – still amazing value – and Le Cadran Solaire (again). Probably the last to use the pool this season. This is a very good time (September) to visit this area, weather still good, not too hot and just enough out of season to enjoy visiting the local attractive villages. The old town of Mougins was delightful, very few visitors. Still warm enough to enjoy a drink on the terrace after an evening boules contest!
Clive & Liz Jenkins, UK
So pleased we chose here for our much needed holiday. We have been to the area many times but without doubt this was the best accommodation that we have ever had. Terry and Karen are fantastic, discreet but very helpful when needed! The villa was immaculate on arrival and everything worked just as it should. We will be back and it might be soon!
Little and Reading Families, UK
WOW! Where to begin? The South of France is everything that it was hyped up to be and we couldn’t have wished for a better base from which to enjoy it! The villa, which we believe has been recently renovated, is simply wonderful and perfectly well equipped for our large family group. While we really enjoyed exploring some of the local highlights and tourist hot spots, our favourite activities have simply been lounging around the fantastic pool area (where we were extremely grateful for the plentiful sun umbrellas) and spending many hours on the balcony eating far too much cheese and drinking far too much wine. BIG thanks to Terry and Karen for being so helpful during our stay. It’s a long way from South Africa but we love to think we shall be back again someday.
The Muller family, Cape Town,
Just had a fantastic week at Les Chênes Verts. The villa itself is modern, spacious and very clean. Mealtime on the terrace was absolutely magical with night time visits from 2 little gecko’s high on the wall. The pool area is marvelous with lots of games provided and we were all very impressed by the high tech gas barbecue. One evening we went to Antibes for a meal and had a lovely stroll around the old town and the harbour. Any visitor to the villa should leave time to do this as it is only 30 minutes away by car. We went to Cannes another night, the villa is so central. All in all, brilliant holiday, would highly recommend and look forward to going back.
V & G, N. Ireland.
We have enjoyed the comfort of this superb villa (especially the nice wide bed!) and have appreciated the many thoughtful extras provided. Sitting on the balcony in the warmth of the early Spring sun has been a delight. It is also a perfect viewing point to spot a variety of interesting birds. Valbonne and the Friday market was a good day – lovely square with Provencal colours and buildings. A great bonus to have Fernando and Ivana to help with the slightest query.
Robin and Jan Prior, UK
We had a wonderful two-week holiday at Les Chenes Verts. The villa is fantastic, so well-equipped and beautifully appointed. The pool area and the gardens are stunning. For us, the villa scored very highly in terms of the quality and quantity of the furnishings, kitchen equipment, loungers, barbecue etc. We also really appreciated all the smaller things and general attention to detail such as hand soap and tissues in each room, plenty of loo roll (!), crossword puzzles...the list goes on. It felt as is if a great deal of thought had gone into everything, and that certainly made our holiday a relaxing and enjoyable one. We really enjoyed visiting places nearby including Grasse, old Mougins, Valbonne and Monaco (by train). Thanks also the on-site 'gardiens', who were always there to help if needed. Their local knowledge and recommendations were invaluable and certainly added to our trip. We loved Les Chênes Verts and would love to return one day.
In the same family ownership for many years, Les Chênes Verts is a spacious villa built on three levels. It was extensively renovated in 2013/2014 and has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard. It comfortably sleeps 10 with three large air-conditioned bedrooms (two with king-size beds and one with twin beds) with en-suite bathrooms and two additional air-conditioned twin bedrooms with a shared shower room.
All bedrooms have plenty of wardrobe space and a hair dryer.
The main entrance to the villa opens to a large entrance hall which in turn leads to:
A large air-conditioned L-shaped Salon / Dining Room. The large (56m2) salon and linked dining room is air conditioned and has polished marble floors. The salon is furnished with sofas and arm chairs, a large Sony TV connected to a satellite box (non-subscription channels only), a DVD player, a high quality hi-fi system with wall mounted speakers and a connection facility for an i-pod. A selection of CDs and DVDs is available. There is a large wood-burning stove in the inglenook fire-place.
The dining room has a large dining table with seating for up to 10.
The Kitchen. The modern kitchen has black granite work surfaces, an induction hob, fridge with small freezer compartment, separate under-counter freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher and lots of cupboard and storage space. It is supplied with 2 kettles, coffee machines (filter and Nespresso), toaster, blender, a large selection of saucepans and ovenware including many Le Creuset items, crockery, glassware, cutlery and a wide range of kitchen utensils.
Sliding glass doors open from the kitchen on to:
A large, attractive, covered terrace with an extending glass-topped table and seating for ten people to enable dining al fresco. Steps lead down from the terrace to the garden.
An air-conditioned Bedroom 1 with a king-size bed and large East facing windows en-suite Bathroom 1 with bath/shower, two wash hand basins and WC. South facing French doors lead on to the terrace. There are four recliner chairs and a small coffee table on the terrace immediately in front of the bedroom.
A cloakroom/downstairs WC and a store room.
A spiral staircase leading up to the top floor master bedroom and marble stairs down to the lower ground floor.
Master Bedroom (Bedroom 2) - a large air-conditioned bedroom with King Size Double bed. TV/DVD (Sony flat screen). French windows open to the South and a window faces East to the swimming pool. En-suite Bath/Shower Room (Bathroom 2) with bath/shower, wash hand basin and WC.
Lower Ground Floor
A small hallway from the garden (accessed also via stairs from the entrance hallway) leads to:
A semi self-contained kitchenette with sink (cold water tap only) fridge, kettle, 2 washing machines and tumble drier, ironing board and iron, wall cupboards with pool ‘glassware’ and crockery.
A large air-conditioned twin (or double) bedroom (Bedroom 3) with two 90cm single beds that can be moved together if required to form a double bed. French windows lead to garden on West side. En-suite bathroom (Bathroom 3) with bath/shower, wash hand basin and WC.
Two smaller air-conditioned twin bedrooms: Bedroom 4 with South facing window and Bedroom 5 with East facing window each with two 90cm beds and free-standing air-conditioners
A large shower room Bathroom 4 with walk-in shower, WC and wash basin.
Garden & Grounds
From a quiet by-road, entrance gates open onto an approach drive down through the garden to the front entrance of the villa where there is a large car port (9m X 4m) with room for two cars. There is further parking space for additional cars if required.
The villa is surrounded by an attractive garden on two levels and opens on to a large area of mixed pine and oak woodland running down to a small stream. Red squirrels frequently come into the garden and there is a wide variety of bird life around the villa. Wild boar, badgers and foxes often visit the woodland at night.
A short path from the lower ground floor leads to a gated pool area. The large 15 m x 7m infinity pool with a depth of 1 m – 2m has ‘Roman steps’ at one end and is surrounded by a wide paved area. Beyond the pool is a paved patio/terrace beneath a large pergola. There is an extending all-weather table beneath the pergola and all-weather chairs for 10 people.
There is lighting alongside and within the pool and the paved area by the pool is supplied with large parasols and 10 sun-loungers. Pool toys are available.
A large 4-burner gas barbecue is sited next to the pergola.
There is a boules courts and numerous sets of boules and an all-weather table tennis table is available and can be set up on the lawn next to the villa.
There is a pizza oven in the garden but please note that the law does not allow it to be used during the Summer months as it could be a fire hazard.
The gardien has his own private garden area behind a tall hedge. This is not visible from the villa or the villa garden.
The garden is maintained by a professional gardener who visits on Saturdays.
Les Chênes Verts is perfectly located just half an hour from Nice and 20 minutes from Cannes, Antibes and the beaches of the Côtes d'Azur. It is only a few minutes’ drive from the beautiful villages of Valbonne and Mougins and sits on a hillside with views across a wooded valley to the picturesque hamlet of Plascassier.
The villa is within walking distance of a good supermarket, a boulangerie and a number of restaurants and just a few minutes’ drive from the delightful medieval town of Valbonne with its many excellent restaurants, shops and a buzzing Friday market.
The villa is 32 kms from Nice and 40 minutes’ drive from Nice international Airport.
The TGV train stops at Nice and Cannes and the nearest junction to the A8 auto route is Junction/Exit 44.
- The gardien, Fernando, stays in a small apartment attached to, but independent from, the main villa. He will meet guests and show them around the villa and provide assistance and advice if required. If not required, he is completely ‘invisible’.
- Bed linen, and bath towels, together with towels for the pool or beach are included in the rental charge. For stays of two weeks or more, a weekly change of linen and towels is included in the rental charge.
- For stays of two weeks or more a bathroom and kitchen clean and general vacuum clean at the end of each week is included in the rental charge.
- Additional midweek cleaning and/or babysitting may be possible to arrange given adequate notice in advance. Information concerning any such ‘additional’ arrangement will be provided on request.
- Bespoke Catering at the Villa If you wish to have a meal prepared at the villa by an expert chef we will recommend a chef who has provided an excellent service in the past at Les Chenes Verts. Please do ensure you ask in good time as this service is in high demand in the summer months particularly. As a guideline, for parties of 8 or more, the cost for a three course meal is about €35 per head. If interested we would make an introduction and allow you to then liaise direct in detail.
- There is Broadband/WiFi internet access throughout the house
- There is air-conditioning in all the bedrooms and in the salon/dining area.
- A wide range of books are available as are a selection of games (Scrabble, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, playing cards, jigsaws etc)
- There are 2 cots, 2 high chairs and a child’s Z mattress.
- There is a clothes-washing machine, an iron and an ironing board.
- This is very much an all-year-round house and is centrally heated throughout.
- Wood for the wood-burning stove in the salon can be provided at cost if requested.
- Shopping and facilities A SuperU supermarket is less than 5 minutes’ drive away or a 12 – 15 minute walk via the short-cut through the woodland. It has recently been greatly expanded and modernised and can now compete with the huge LeClerc and Auchan supermarkets which are 10 minutes’ drive away on the Plascassier side of Grasse.
- There is another boulangerie a few yards along the road towards Valbonne from SuperU and an excellent boulangerie and patisserie (our favourite) opposite the BP filling station on the Plascassier roundabout.
- There is a very good cheese shop just off the main square in Valbonne and in the weekly market (every Friday morning) there are specialist stalls selling fantastic olives, saucisson, cheeses, spices, jewellery, clothing etc. If you are a ‘huitres’ fan, wonderfully fresh oysters (and other shellfish) are available from a stall at the top of the main road (Rue Grande) for €5 - €8 per dozen.
- Taxi service details are available at the villa.
- Fuel/garage The nearest fuel station is just a few minutes’ drive away on the Plascassier roundabout near L’Auberge St Donat.
- Chemist. Within walking distance or a short drive from the villa in Plascassier.
- Banks/ATM. There are a number of banks and ATM machines around the centre of Valbonne.
- The garden is maintained by a professional gardener who visits on Saturdays.
- There is a pizza oven in the garden but please note that the law does not allow it to be used during the Summer months as it could be a fire hazard.
- The house manual is very detailed, and as well as describing how everything works (both inside and out), it lists local services, plus other emergency and useful numbers. It also contains information on things to do and see locally, restaurant details and recommendations, markets etc
Things to See & Do near Les Chênes Verts
- The House information manual provides information in more detail on all of the following
- The villa is just a few minutes’ drive from the ancient villages of Valbonne and Mougins and less than half an hour from the iconic resorts of Cannes, Antibes and Nice. The casinos and bright lights of Monaco are only an hour away.
- The dozy little village of Plascassier, just across the valley from the villa, is probably best known as the place where Edith Piaf died at the age of 47 in 1963. She owned a villa nearby and spent much of her later life there. The 17th century church is worth a visit and the Auberge de Provence in the square offers a good lunchtime menu. It’s a 10 - 15 minute walk from the villa.
- The lovely little town of Valbonne was formally founded in the early 16th century though there is evidence of a settlement there as early as the 12th century. Interesting little shops and restaurants are tucked into the picturesque cobbled alleys off the main square where you can sit and soak up the sun in an open air café or visit the bustling market that takes place every Friday morning.
- The old town of Mougins, which dates back to pre-Roman times, has been the home of many famous artists, intellectuals and foodies. Picasso lived here for the last 12 years of his life and many world famous chefs including Alain Ducasse and Roger Vergé have owned restaurants here. It remains a very ‘arty’ place and has many galleries and fine restaurants. There is a car park at the bottom of hill leading up to the old town.
- The ancient little village of Gourdon is perched on a rock above the valley of the River Loup. It is about half an hour’s drive up a good (if steep) road and the views are fantastic. There are a number of tourist shops and cafés and the castle is open to the public.
- Saint-Paul-de-Vence is one of the oldest medieval towns on the French Riviera and has long been the haunt of the rich and famous. Yves Montant and Simone Signoret spent a lot of time in the town, the artist Marc Chagal lived here and, a little further down the intellectual scale, Rolling Stone Bill Wyman has a house here. The chapel in Vence, which Matisse designed and decorated, is also not to be missed. Just outside the town is the Fondation Maeght museum of modern art which has a world famous collection of works by Giacometti, Chagal, Miro and many others dotted around a garden and gallery. It is a 50 minute drive from the villa and an excellent day out with children.
- The Gorge de Verdon, Europe’s ‘Grand Canyon’ is one of the most spectacular and beautiful gorges in Europe. It is some 25 km long and over 700 metres deep and it is possible to drive much of the way along its rim. Its possible to kayak down the Verdon River and there are some spectacular hiking routes or, if you are into technical rock climbing, some 1500 recognised climbs. We suggest you allow the best part of a day for the trip and have lunch in one of the restaurants in the lovely little town of Castellane.
- Tourrettes-sur-Loup, about half an hour’s drive from the villa. A medieval village perched on the top of a rocky outcrop overlooking the dramatic valley of the River Loup. It is a very popular tourist destination renowned for its arts and crafts which include weaving, painting, pottery jewellery and sculptures, all of which are created in the village. It is home to many historically significant monuments and has many highly recommended restaurants.
- The old town of Nice (or Vieille Nice as the locals call it) is a delightful place to spend a day. It is a hive of activity by day and night and a wonderful place to wander around, get lost and have a drink, eat an ice cream or have a traditional meal in one of the many cafes and restaurants. There are colourful markets selling flowers, artisanal produce, fruit and vegetables, a big fish market and lots of shops selling souvenirs, chocolates, antiques and clothing. It is about a three quarter hour drive to the old town.
- There are a vast number of cultural attractions throughout the Côte d'Azur. Nice, for instance, has more museums and art galleries than any French city other than Paris and also has an Opera House, as well as hosting many other musical events.
- There are a number of semi-tropical gardens on the Côte d'Azur that are open to the public. Particularly recommended is the Ephrussi at St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, a Rothschild villa and garden.
- If the traffic is not too heavy, Antibes is less than half an hour’s drive away. There is lots to see including the Picasso Museum (closed lunchtime), an excellent market, lots of trendy shops and many good street cafés and restaurants. A wander around the port to ogle at the billionaires’ super yachts makes for an interesting half an hour, or there is a small beach on the other side of the harbour wall. There is a lovely two-hour walk along the footpath around the Cap d’Antibes if you are feeling energetic. Park at Plage de la Garoupe and take the path from the far end of the beach.
- Two events of world importance each year are the Cannes Film Festival (mid-May) and, in the Film Festival's last week, the Monaco Grand Prix (motor racing, of course!).
- Many of the world-renowned scent factories in Grasse encourage visits and on-the-spot purchases, as do the glass-makers in Biot.
- Restaurants and eating out: There are so many restaurants in the area that you will be spoiled for choice. They range from the Michelin starred Bastide Saint Antoine in Grasse to L’Auberge St Donat just a short energetic walk from the villa. A number of local ‘favourites’ are listed in The House Information Book with the owner’s very helpful comments. Details can be provided in advance on request.
- Markets and Shopping Cannes and Antibes are, of course, famous for their up-market shops but at the other end of the scale is the bustling Rue Meynadier in Cannes with its market atmosphere, affordable clothes shops and artisan food stores.
There is an excellent market in Valbonne every Friday morning and in Mouans Sartoux every Thursday morning.
- There are many high quality golf courses in the area. (See the list provided in the House Information manual) and there are public tennis courts at Opio and others in surrounding towns.
- There are lots of spectacular walks and hiking trails in the region (Google ‘Walks near Grasse’) and a number of horse riding centres in the region – Google ‘Horse Riding Grasse’ for details.
- If you would like to see what night-time visitors come to the woodland ask Fernando to show you how to set up the trail camera. You may be surprised!
- Beaches There are countless beaches up and down the coast to explore. One of the nearest is at Cagnes-sur-Mer (about 20 kms from the Villa). La Neptune on this beach has a bar and a restaurant, plus sun beds, sun umbrellas etc.
- Cagnes-sur-Mer also has a race course which holds meetings, mainly trotting, throughout July and August.
Rents & Terms
2023 Rents and Terms
May, June & September (Mid season)
€3,750 per week
July & August (Peak season)
€4,950 per week
All other available months
Christmas and Easter
Unless otherwise agreed, all lets (excluding those at Easter and Christmas) will be for a minimum of 1 week, and will begin and end on a Saturday.
Tenants should arrive as soon as possible after 4.30pm on the commencement day, and should leave before 10 am on the agreed day of departure.
A deposit of 30% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the 70% balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
A Booking and Security Deposit of €700 will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking and will cover a) the cost of replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental, b) any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of the tenancy c) any electricity usage in excess of 200KWh per week and d) Logs and kindling for the woodburning stove at cost which can be provided if requested. It will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 6 weeks of the tenancy's conclusion.
Unless otherwise agreed, there shall not be more than 10 people staying at Les Chênes Verts at any one time (plus babies and children under 2).
Tenants should advise Anglo French Properties Ltd at the end of each rental of any losses, breakages or damages. This is in lieu of an inventory.
The owner's insurance policy requires that all exterior doors are locked, that all windows and shutters are closed, and that the house alarm is set whenever tenants are away from the property.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence and the Côte d'Azur, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by stunning scenery.
We encourage you to explore our new and expanding Italian portfolio..