- Sleeps: 13 (plus babies)
- Bedrooms: 2 Doubles, 3 Twins, 1 Children’s bedroom with 3 bunk beds. All airconditioned.
- Bathrooms: 5 bathrooms,4 of which are ensuite.
- Rent per week: £6,160 to £9,240.
- Key features: Recently refurbished house of exceptional style and character
- Main House and Annexe
Spacious rooms and bedrooms
Extensive gardens, grounds and vineyard
10m X 5m Heated outdoor Swimming Pool
Beautiful views over vineyards and valley to the hills.
Private and peaceful yet accessible
Mature landscaped gardens of great interest and beauty
Join the newsletter
By signing up to our email newsletter, you agree to Anglo French Properties Ltd sending you an approximately quarterly newsletter, and where applicable current offers/promotions. Your email data will be shared with our 3rd party email marketing provider for this purpose
La Bastide du Prignon
Situated in extensive garden, grounds and its own vineyard La Bastide du Prignon is a most beautifully and sensitively restored and refurbished family house. Its perfect blend of period charm and character combines with great comfort and elegance. A wonderful family house for all ages and with excellent provision for young children. Delightfully rural and ‘off the beaten track’ yet within easy distance of Grimaud, the coast and St Tropez.
The house sleeps up to 13 in 6 bedrooms.
La Bastide du Prignon was purchased in 2018 by its English owners. It has been totally refurbished and redecorated with immense style and good taste. It sleeps up to 13 with 6 bedrooms and 5 ensuite bathrooms.
The driveway, flanked by La Bastide’s own vineyard to the East, leads through gates, above the gardens to a parking area with a 2 car parking bay/garage.
A charming old front door opens into an attractive Entrance Hallway on the upper floor off which are 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Stairs descend to the main living area.
All bedrooms are air conditioned.
There is generous fitted cupboard space throughout.
From the Entrance Hallway doors lead to:
Bedroom 1: Master Bedroom. With King size double bed (6’w x 6’6”). Two East facing windows with views over the gardens, vineyard to the hills and castle of Grimaud.
Ensuite Bathroom 1: With bath (and shower over), twin wash basins and WC. East facing windows.
Bedroom 2: Accessed through a short passageway (from The Entrance Hall) with King Size Double bed (6’w x 6’ 6”) with East and South facing windows over gardens.
Ensuite Bathroom 2: With bath (and shower over), walk in shower, twin washbasins and WC. West and North facing windows.
Bedroom 3: With twin beds (3’ x 6’ 6”) that can form a double bed. West and North facing windows.
Ensuite Bathroom 3: With walk in shower, wash basin and WC. Separate doors lead to Bedroom 3 and also to the Entrance Hall.
Bedroom 4: Children’s Room with 3 bunk beds (3’w x 6’ 6”). West facing window.
See below under Lower Ground Floor for Bedrooms 5 and 6 and Ensuite Bathrooms 4 and 5.
Stairs descend from the entrance hallway down to theLower Ground Floor:
Lower Ground Floor
The main living areas are on the Ground Floor which orientates and opens naturally to the garden and grounds.
Main Living/Sitting Room: A spacious, attractive family room filled with natural light, is the largest living space on the ground floor and leads/opens to the kitchen, gardens, outside eating areas and grounds. Air conditioning.
Two large sofas and armchairs surround a coffee table in front of an open fireplace with stone surround.
There is a large flat screen TV with DVD player and selection of DVD’s for adults and children.
Cupboards contain a large selection of family board games and childrens’ toys. A partly separate area of the room contains a small children’s table and more toys.
Two double French Windows open to the garden on the East side and further French windows open to a covered terraced eating/relaxing area. Here, with generous seating around a long low table views can be enjoyed over the garden, vineyard, hills and castle of Grimaud on the horizon.
A short passageway leads to the kitchen off which is a downstairs WC, storage cupboards, a full height freezer/fridge/icemaker, washing machine and tumble dryer. A further door leads outside to The Annexe and gardens on the North side.
The Kitchen: A naturally light kitchen with round breakfast table. French windows lead out to the garden and to a Terraced Dining Area (see below). Well equipped, comprising a double sink with fitted base and wall units, kettle, toaster, coffee making machine, food processor, microwave oven, electric oven with grill/heating oven above, 4 ring cooker, a full height fridge/freezer with ice maker and all appropriate ancillaries.
Terraced Dining Area: Surveyed by two sangliers looking down from the wall this characterful room forms a charming dining area. With a fine long dining table and sliding glass doors opening to the gardens the full length of the room it can be enjoyed in all seasons. There is a wood burning stove in one corner. A gas fired barbecue, sink and base units form a cooking area along one end.
There is a small separate tressle table for children
Bedroom 5: Two single beds (3’w x 6’6”) which can be placed together to form a double bed. French windows open out towards the gardens and Annexe on the Northern side.
Ensuite Bathroom 4: With walk in shower, wash basin and WC.
On the North side of the house a charming small Annexe comprises:
Bedroom 6: With 2 single beds (3’w x 6’6”) which can be joined to form a double bed. French windows open onto a small garden area.
Ensuite Bathroom 5: With walk in shower, washbasin and WC.
Garden & Grounds
Approached along its drive and flanked by its own vineyard, La Bastide du Prignon, is surrounded by an extensive garden and grounds with superb far reaching views over the valley of Prignon towards the hills rising to Grimaud.
The drive, itself accessed from an unmetalled road through vineyards, leads through security gates to a gravelled parking area with ample parking space and a garage for two cars.
The gardens slope away to the East from the house and terraced eating areas. There is also a delightful Eastern style pagoda with reed roof and round table for eating out in the garden. Populated with distinctive palm and cypress trees the lawns are framed by a mix of flowering shrubs giving bursts of changing colour through spring, summer and autumn.
Within view of the house and at the end of an avenue of palm trees is a heated, alarmed and filtered swimming pool measuring 5m x 10m. Entered by steps it deepens from 1.4m at the shallow end to 2m at the deep end. There are sunbeds, parasols and cushions arranged around the pool and a pagoda for shade. There are a selection of pool toys for children.
Badminton on the lawn provides an option for recreation and gentle exercise. There is also a trampoline. The various different areas of lawn, garden and yard areas provide a variety of natural sites for La Boule.
The final couple of kms of approach along unmetalled roads through local vineyards lend an air of Provencal remoteness, charm and rural simplicity. La Bastide du Prignon is a genuine refuge of complete comfort, peace and privacy and yet, remarkably, is only 4kms from Grimaud and 12 kms from St Tropez.
Grimaud is a 5/10 minute drive and the closest port of call for freshly baked croissants. Grimaud has adequate shopping for everyday needs and a nice choice of good to excellent restaurants.
Port Grimaud, with its pretty houses and restaurants lining canals and squares and its pretty beeches is only 10 kms. The glamorous harbour town of St Tropez with its famous beaches is only 15 kms though traffic in high season will slow up your journey time.
La Bastide du Prignon is about 45 minutes South of the Le Luc turn off the A8 (between exits 36 and 35).
Nice Airport (120kms) is about 1½ hrs and Toulon (Hyeres) airport a similar distance to the South West.
The superfast TGV stops at Frejus and Cannes which are within easy reach. There are local trains to St Raphael and Les Arcs.
- House Information Folder: There is a very helpful House Information Folder with details of recommended local shops, restaurants, markets, cultural, sporting and recreational activities plus many other suggestions on what to do and where to go in the vicinity. The folder also includes maps, brochures and contact details of local doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians and services. Further details of all matters referred to on this website are available in The House Information Folder.
- Arrival: Tenants will be met on arrival by Nicole, and will be shown how everything works, both inside and out. She is also contactable by telephone in the event of an emergency or if you have questions.
- Cleaning: 3 hours of cleaning per morning will be carried out on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week paid for by the owners.
- Additional Housework: Any additional hours of housework should be agreed direct with Nicole as above, and paid to her by tenants at €18/hr.
- Cooking Services: Provided sufficient notice is given, a part time cook can be found. His/her/their wage will be the guests responsibility, and can be ascertained in advance should guests wish.
- Telephone: There is a telephone. An allowance of €50 is included for guests each week. Reimbursement will be requested if this is exceeded.
- Mobile Phones: Mobile phone signal is not strong. The best reception is at the top of the house or garden.
- WIFI/Broadband: There is WIFi broadband internet access. There are WiFi boosters in the bedrooms.
- Air conditioning: There is air conditioning in each of the bedrooms and in the sitting room. If air conditioning is on please close the windows
- Laundry: There is a washing machine and dryer in the corridor outside the kitchen. An iron and ironing board are stored in the master bedroom cupboards.
- TV: There is a TV in the sitting room. A DVD player with a selection of DVD’s is beneath the TV
- There are a selection of CD’s below the stereo system in the sitting room.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels: Are provided free of charge and will be changed on a weekly basis.
- Garden and Pool Maintenance: The swimming pool, garden, grounds and surrounding land are the responsibility of Karime who may make the occasional discreet appearance to attend his duties. Grass cutting is normally carried out on Saturdays during the period between guests departing and arriving
- Heating: It is an all year round house and there is central heating throughout. There are also electric heaters and an open fire in the sitting room. Dry firewood will be provided.
- Children: There is a cot for children up to 2 years and two high chairs. There is also a bottle steriliser, potty and stools for the bathrooms. There is a bath mat in the master bedroom cupboard.
- There are enamel plates and bowls suitable for children, and also small cutlery. Children must use plastic glasses in the garden.
- There is a good selection of games, toys, arts and crafts for children in the sideboard in the sitting room.
- There are a number of English language books and a choice of board games and playing cards for the use and enjoyment of guests.
Things to See & Do near La Bastide du Prignon
- House Information Folder: There is a very helpful House Information Folder with details of recommended local shops, restaurants, markets, cultural, sporting and recreational activities plus many other suggestions on what to do and where to go in the vicinity. The folder also includes maps, brochures and contact details of local doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians and services. Further details of all matters referred toon this website are available in The House Information Folder.
- Markets: Local produce amid colourful hustle and bustle. Normally in full swing by 8am and finished by lunchtime. Suggest St Tropez (Tuesdays and Saturdays), Cogolin (Wednesdays and Sundays), La Garde Freinet (Sundays) or Grimaud (Thursdays)
- Restaurants: There is an extensive choice of good to outstanding restaurants for all budgets. A recommended selection are contained in The House Information Folder.
- Beaches: The best known is Pampalonne Beach near Ramatuelle.A nice destination for a family lunch is at Les Salins on La Plage des Salins near St Tropez. The beach at Gigero has several restaurants by the beach and the bay is charming. It is a super walk also from here to Escalet.
- Walks/Walking: There are wonderful walks all over the area some starting from La Bastide itself and a much larger choice locally.
- Riding for children: There is an excellent local riding school for small children where there are also lots of farm animals to see and even a wild boar! There are led rides on Shetland and other ponies. There is also a good playground. Its only a 20 minute walk from La Bastide du Prignon.
- Golf:There are good courses locally at Beauvallon, St Maxime and St Endreol. There is also an excellent new Golf driving range just outside Grimaud. A most impressive driving range and a 9 hole pitch and put course on synthetic grass which is great fun even for non golfers.
- Tennis: There are excellent tennis courts in Grimaud and Cogolin which require to be prebooked.
- Skiing: This is very much an all year round house. The ski slopes of The Alpes Maritimes are only two hours away for those wishing to ski in the winter months.
- Wildlife: There is much of interest.In May and June cuckoo’s will be heard and often a hoopoe in the garden. Nightingales sing with great amour at this time also. A Herman Tortoise may also appear and the frogs strike up a fine chorus in Spring and early summer. The Loir (or ‘Fat Dormouse) call by at night – like miniature squirrels. Try to keep doors closed at night as they are prone to take up residence given the opportunity. Sanglier (Wild Boar) are about so the driveway gate needs to be kept closed to prevent them coming in and rooting up the garden.
- Vineyards and Wine: There are a wide choice of local vineyards most of which encourage tastings and on the spot purchases. La Bastide du Prignon has its own vineyard.
- Tourist Office: There is an excellent tourist office in Grimaud.
Rents & Terms
2021 Rents and Terms
June & September
£7,700 per week
July & August
£9,240 per week
May and October
£6,160 per week
Unless otherwise agreed, all rentals will be for a minimum of one week, and will begin and end on a Saturday.
Tenants should arrive between 3pm and 4pm on the commencement day, and should leave by 9.30 am on the agreed day of departure. They will be welcomed on arrival, given a tour of the property and shown how everything works.
A deposit of 25% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the 75% balance to be paid 10 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
A Booking and Security Deposit of £800 will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking and will cover (a) the cost of telephone calls over and above €50 made on the landline during the tenancy, (b) the cost of replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental, (c) the cost of pool heating (if required) @ £400 per week in May, June and September and £310 per week in July and August, and (d) any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of the tenancy. It will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 4 weeks of the conclusion of the tenancy.
Unless otherwise agreed, there should not be more than 13 people (plus babies) staying in the property at any one time.
The owners' insurance policy requires that all doors are locked, and that all windows and shutters are closed when tenants are away from the property.
Tenants should advise Anglo French Properties Ltd at the end of each rental of any breakages, losses and/or damages. This is in lieu of an inventory.The housekeeper will also check and advise of any damage/loss.
Pool safety. Children must be supervised at all times. The pool alarm to be turned on whenever the pool is left unoccupied.
Water is metered and can be scarce in the summer months so guests are asked to ensure they do not leave taps running.
Please close and tie all sun umbrellas at night and on windy days as they are easily blown over and are expensive to mend/replace.
Pets are not permitted.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Luberon and Var.
For a multi-faceted holiday in the South of France, our luxury Côte d’Azur Villas are within easy reach of fabulous beaches, Monte Carlo, Nice, Antibes and Cannes, and the many other attractions of this famous coastline.