- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 3 doubles, 2 twins
- Bathrooms: 3 bathrooms (2 with shower), 2 shower rooms
- Rent per week: £4,950 - £6,350
- Key features: All bedrooms are air-conditioned
- Stylish, contemporary villa
Superb panoramic views
12 x 4 metre pool which can be heated
Join the newsletter
By signing up to our email newsletter, you agree to Anglo French Properties Ltd sending you an approximately quarterly newsletter, and where applicable current offers/promotions. Your email data will be shared with our 3rd party email marketing provider for this purpose
Le Petit Faucon
Le Petit Faucon is a very sophisticated and contemporary Villa in the hills which provide the backdrop to the glamorous resorts of the Côte d’Azur. The furnishings and finish are of the highest standards, with a stunning terrace to soak up the sunshine and views over the beautiful pool and the wooded scenery beyond.
''We had the best time at Le Petit Faucon in September. The area is so quiet and relaxing. The house beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable bedrooms and well designed bathrooms. The kitchen very well equipped. There are many different seating and dining areas to use at different times of the day and evening. An experience we would love to repeat.''
Jane Mead, Newmarket, England.
"We had a lovely time at "Le Petit Faucon", and would very much recommend it. This is the perfect family villa for anyone looking to stay in air-conditioned comfort in the hills around St Tropez - with great facilities all around. All the members of our family - aged 5 to 55 - make extensive use of the excellent pool and the 'al fresco' dining facilities".
David Ingram Hill, Wiltshire, England
"Le Petit Faucon - fantastic house, stunning situation! We have been back time and time again to this gorgeous villa, and are always sad to leave. It's wonderfully comfortable, light, and beautifully furnished, with an exceptional inside-outside feel. Far-reaching views, surrounded by vineyards, yet within easy reach of the excitements of St Tropez and its beaches. Pure heaven!"
Jo and David Forbes, London
All the bedrooms are air-conditioned, whilst the rooms throughout the house have cool, marble floors with colourful rugs.
- Sitting Room – very large and flooded with light from a wall of sliding glass doors opening onto its wide, shaded south and west-facing terraces. The sitting room has sofas and armchairs, a wood-burning fireplace (logs provided if required) and a CD player with a number of CD’s.
- TV Room/Study - with comfortable sofas, a large-screen satellite TV (including Sky Sports), card table, CD and DVD players, a fax machine, printer and scanner.
- Kitchen – very well-equipped, spacious, light and modern, with 4 gas hobs and 2 electric hot-plates, a large electric oven and 2 electric hot-trays, a microwave, 2 dishwashers, a large fridge/freezer/ice-maker, toaster, electric kettle, electric cafetière etc and a breakfast table seating 4.
- Utility Room - with a second fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Bedroom 1 - with a 6-foot double bed and French doors opening onto the eastern side of the Villa. An en-suite (Shower Room 1) has a shower and a W.C.
- Bedroom 2 - with two 3-foot single beds, a safe and French doors opening on the west-facing terrace, overlooking the swimming pool. An en-suite (Shower Room 2) has a shower, double washbasins and a W.C.
- Bedroom 3 - with a 5-foot double bed and French doors opening onto the west-facing terrace overlooking the swimming pool. An en-suite (Bathroom 1) has a bath, double washbasins and a W.C.
- Bedroom 4 - the master bedroom, with a 6-foot double bed which can be split into 2 singles), a safe and a west-facing window. An en-Suite (Bathroom 2) has a bath, an overhead shower and a W.C.
- Bedroom 5 - with two 3-foot single beds and a window looking east.
- Bathroom 3 - with a bath, an overhead shower, twin washbasins and a W.C.
Garden & Grounds
Le Petit Faucon faces west and stands in 2.5 acres on the edge of a National Park, an area of great natural beauty. A little-used gravel road leads to its entrance gates and a short drive descends to an ample parking area.
A wide, balustraded terrace extends around the west and east sides of the Villa, overlooking the swimming pool. This terrace has a covered dining table seating 10 and a gas-fired barbecue on the south side, a breakfast table which seats 8 just outside the kitchen and an outdoor wicker sofa and armchairs grouped around a coffee table.
From the terrace, steps descend to the pool which measures 12 x 4 metres, with a depth of 1.6 metres at one end and 1.15 metres at the other, with Roman steps running the entire width of the shallow end. The pool is filtered, alarmed, floodlit and can be heated for a charge of £160 per week which will be deducted from the Booking and Security Deposit. A number of sun beds surround the pool and there is a shower nearby.
The attractive garden, which can be floodlit, has a mass of flowering shrubs and trees on several levels and marvellous views over an unspoilt valley, with the forested hills of the Massif des Maures in the distance. There is also a table tennis table and a ‘boules’ pitch, with all the equipment provided.
Le Petit Faucon is 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of Cogolin, with its excellent restaurants in a number of price categories, its shopping, and several supermarkets, including the outstanding E. Leclerc. It is only 8 kms from the coast.
St Tropez is as little as 20 minutes drive, although holiday traffic can make the journey rather longer.
Toulon International Airport is 45 minutes’ drive, and Nice international airport is 90 minutes. The nearest entrances to the autoroute (the A8) are at Exit 13 (north of La Garde-Freinet), and Exit 36 (north of Ste Maxime). Both are about an hour away. The TGV (the super-fast train) stops at Les Arcs (1 hour’s drive).
- The caretaker/cleaner is Fatiha, with Nora as her deputy. They are employed for 3 hours per day on 6 days per week to clean the house and tidy bedrooms, bathrooms and the kitchen. Any additional hours which may be required should be agreed with them and paid direct at €18 per hour. The gardener is paid by the owners.
- Tenants will be met on arrival by Fatiha who will show them around, both inside and out.
- If required, a cook and/or a babysitter can probably be found.
- Garden and swimming pool maintenance are the owners’ responsibility.
- There are telephones throughout the House. Whilst local calls are free of charge, the cost of all other calls will be deducted from the tenants’ Booking and Security Deposit.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided free of charge and will be changed on a weekly basis.
- There's Broadband/WiFi internet access throughout the House.
- There are 2 cots and 2 high chairs.
- There are a number of English-language books, plus board games and playing cards.
The house manual describes how everything works (both inside and out) and lists a local doctor and dentist, plus other emergency numbers.
Things to See & Do near Le Petit Faucon
- The house manual contains information regarding when and where local markets take place (including the exceptional twice-weekly market in St Tropez), local shops and their specialties (such as pottery and Provençal fabrics), nearby supermarkets, recommended restaurants in various price categories and the many cultural and sporting events and activities taking place in the surrounding area.
- Mountain bikes can be hired in Cogolin.
- There are several good 18-hole golf courses in the vicinity, the majority of which are listed in the manual. The nearest are Beauvallon and Ste Maxime, whilst St. Endréol and Barbaroux are outstanding. There’s mini golf near the Géant supermarket on the outskirts of Cogolin.
- There are several tennis courts at Cogolin and a tennis club at Grimaud which tenants can join and where tennis lessons can be arranged. The telephone numbers are in the manual.
- There are details in the house manual of a nearby riding stable offering lessons, dressage and trekking in the surrounding hills.
- A number of local vineyards offer tastings and on-the-spot purchases.
- There are wonderful walks in all directions.
- The nearest beaches (8 kms) are at Port Grimaud and Cogolin Plage. The best St Tropez beaches are in Pampelonne Bay (with its famous ‘club 55’), nearby L’Escalet (beautiful and little-used), whilst further south are those of Gigaro and Cavalaire.
- Boats can be hired and wind-surfing and sailing lessons arranged at the Marines de Cogolin and at most of the other beaches.
- Jet-skis can be rented at the beaches of St Tropez and Cavalaire.
- St Tropez has a ferry service to and from Port Grimaud (taking 10 minutes) and Ste Maxime (thus avoiding the possibly crowded coastal roads). There's also a service from Le Lavandou to the Isles d'Hyères, of which Porquerolles is the largest island.
- There’s a polo ground at nearby Le Bourrian with a good restaurant.
- There's also a nearby go-karting circuit.
- There’s a nearby children’s adventure playground, whilst small children will enjoy the "little train" which runs through Ramatuelle as well as between Grimaud and Port Grimaud. Also popular with children is the tortoise sanctuary north of La Garde-Freinet and the permanent funfair opposite the Géant supermarket on the outskirts of Cogolin.
There are many stunning villages in the vicinity which are well worth a visit, such as Grimaud and Port Grimaud, the latter being a modern take on Venice, with canals lined with houses and restaurants. Others include Plan-de-la Tour, Gassin, Ramatuelle, Bormes-les-Mimosas and Collobrières, to name but a few.
Rents & Terms
2021 Rents and Terms
May, June & September
£4,950 per week
July & August
£6,350 per week
All other months
Rents on application
Rents for all other weeks/months/weekend breaks are negotiable, including Christmas/New Year 2020/2021 and 2021/2022
Except by prior arrangement, all tenancies will be for a minimum of 1 week, and will begin and end on a Saturday.
Tenants should arrive as soon as possible after 4 pm on the commencement day, and must leave before 10 am on the agreed day of departure. They will be met on arrival.
A deposit of 25% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
A Booking and Security Deposit of £500 will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking, and will cover the cost of (a) telephone calls (other than local ones) made on the landline during the tenancy, (b) replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental, (c) pool heating, if required (see above), (d) £16 per bed for any that needs to be changed more than once-weekly, and (e) any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of the tenancy. This Deposit will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 4 weeks of the tenancy’s conclusion.
Unless otherwise agreed, there should not be more than 10 people staying in the House at any one time.
Tenants should advise Fatiha as well as Anglo French Properties Ltd of any breakages, losses and/or damages. This is in lieu of an inventory.
The owners' insurance policy requires that all windows and French doors are closed, and all outside doors are locked whenever tenants are away from the property. The alarm should also be set at all such times – Fatiha or Nora will demonstrate the procedure.
Please switch off all outside lights before retiring at night.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence and the Côte d'Azur, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by stunning scenery.
Holiday in one of our luxury Italian properties