- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bath Rooms: 5 , 3 0f which ensuite
- Rent per week: £4,250 to £6,500
- Key features:Superbly comfortable and well equipped family villa
Outstanding landscaped/designed Mediterranean garden
Within walking distance of Lorgues
Air Conditioning in all bedrooms
Proximity to beaches and the coast
Join the newsletter
By signing up to our email newsletter, you agree to Anglo French Properties Ltd sending you an approximately quarterly newsletter, and where applicable current offers/promotions. Your email data will be shared with our 3rd party email marketing provider for this purpose
San Pietro is a luxurious family home set in beautifully landscaped gardens with a superb swimming pool, alfresco eating/drinks areas and a large boules court. It is located just one kilometre from the charming Provencal town of Lorgues, with good shopping, restaurants, tennis club and a renowned weekly market.
Perfectly arranged and located for a family holiday, in comfortable walking distance of Lorgues and within an hour of the coast.
The house comfortably sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms with 5 bathrooms.
This immensely comfortable and well designed house comprises 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms arranged over two floors. The main inside living area, which links easily to the gardens and terraces, is a spacious, bright, beamed sitting room with an open fire place, generous seating and dining area adjoining a well equipped kitchen.
On the Ground Floor are a superb master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, along with two additional bedrooms and bathrooms. A very well equipped kitchen and breakfast area, also enjoying easy access to the gardens and store/utility room completes the downstair rooms.
An attractive staircase leads to two further first floor bedrooms which share a fourth bathroom and both enjoy a balcony with panoramic views.
The sixth bedroom with ensuite shower room is accessed separately with its own private balcony overlooking the pool and garden.
The front door leads straight into:
The main Living/Drawing Sitting and Dining Room: A superb spacious room with an open fire place, generous seating and dining area adjoining the well equipped kitchen. This room opens out onto the outdoor/terrace covered eating area and then on to the swimming pool and gardens. From the dining area of this room there is easy access to:
The Kitchen. Well equipped, light and spacious with a breakfast/eating area at one end and equipped with American fridge freezer, cooled wine store, electric cooker, oven, microwave and second oven, induction hob, coffee/nespresso machine, toaster, all ancillaries and a dishwasher. There is ample china, glass, cutlery, pots, pans and cooking utensils.
A small Store/Utility Room adjoining the kitchen contains additional equipment including two washing machines and a drier.
Master Bedroom 1: With double bed (6’w x 6’6”), west facing French windows and:
Ensuite Bathroom 1: With bath, twin washbasins, bidet and WC.
Bedroom 2: With Double bed (5’6”w x 6’), North and east facing French windows and windows and:
Ensuite Bathroom 2: With shower, washbasin and WC.
Bedroom 3: With double bed (5’w x 6’6”) and North facing windows and separate:
Bathrom 3: With bath, washbasin and WC.
Attractive stairs lead onto a landing off which are:
Bedroom 4: With two single beds (3’w x 6’) which can be joined to form a double bed. French windows lead onto a balcony shared with bedroom 5.
Bathroom 4: With twin washbasins, walk in shower and WC.
Bedroom 5: With two single beds (3’w x 6’) that can be joined to form a double bed and a further single bed (3’w x 6’). French windows lead onto a shared balcony with Bedroom 4.
Separately accessed from outside is:
Bedroom 6: With Double bed (5’6” w x 6’) that can be split to form two singles. French windows lead onto its own private South facing balcony with views over the gardens, pool and beyond with:
Ensuite Bathroom 5: With walk in shower, washbasin and WC.
Garden & Grounds
Entered through gates off a minor road the drive leading up to the house is lined by lavender with San Pietro’s own olive groves either side. There is ample parking and a covered car port for shade outside the main entrance.
One of San Pietro’s most impressive and beautiful attributes is an inspiringly designed and lavishly planted terraced garden, strongly Mediterranean yet with a near tropical/exotic feel. On the lower garden level adjoining the house, there is a beautifully-designed walk in heated swimming pool with poolside loungers and a covered gazebo (with daybed) and a waterfall.
On the upper level, there is a large paved area, with mulberry trees and seating (ideal for drinks) and flowing water pools filled with waterlilies and fish. A stone archway leads through to a specially designed boules court with adjoining gazebo. At night, the entire garden and pool can be floodlit.
San Pietro is located just a kilometre from Lorgues, a charming and very pretty Provencal town, with good shopping, restaurants, a tennis club and a renowned weekly market. The area is noted for its wines and the town is surrounded by vineyards and fields of olive trees.
San Pietro is only 75 minutes East of Aix en Provence by car which, apart from its numerous museums and art galleries, hosts some of the most important musical events in France. It is also less than an hour from the coast and St Tropez and half an hour from the charming market town of Cotignac.
The Villa is 1 hour (56 miles) from Nice airport, 1 hour (47 miles) from Toulon (Hyeres) airport and 1 hour and 20 minutes (77 miles) from Marseilles airport.
The TGV stops at Aix en Provence (1 ¼ hrs by car).
- House Information Folder: There is a comprehensive House Information Folder with details of recommended local shops, restaurants, markets, cultural, sporting and recreational activities plus many other suggestions on what to do and where to go in the vicinity. The folder also includes maps, brochures and contact details of local doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians and services. Further details of all matters referred to on this website are available in The House Information Folder.
- Arrival: Tenants will be met on arrival, shown how everything works inside and out and given the codes for the alarm system.
- Cleaning: Isobel is the cleaner, employed by the owner for 3 hours per day on 2 days per week during which time she concentrates on general house cleaning. She is prepared to work extra hours and/or days should tenants so wish (including washing/ironing, her charge being €15/hour for any extra hours.
- Cooking Services: Provided sufficient notice is given, a part-time cook and/or a babysitter can probably be provided. His/her/their charge will be the tenants' responsibility, and can be ascertained in advance should tenants so wish.
- Laundry:There are two washing machine and dryer in the utility room adjoining the kitchen
- Garden and pool maintenance are the responsibility of Dermot who may make occasional discreet appearances in the course of his duties.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided free of charge, and will be changed on a weekly basis.
- Children: There is a cot and a high chair.
There is a good selection of games and toys for children.
There are English-language books and DVDs throughout the Villa, as well as board games and playing cards.
- Telephone: There is a house telephone for incoming calls.
- Mobile phones: The reception is generally good and in any event operable from the house through WiFi.
- WiFi/Broadband: There is WiFi broadband internet access throughout the main house.
- TV: There is a TV and DVD system in the Sitting Room. Detailed instructions are all at hand.
- Air Conditioning: All bedrooms and the kitchen have individual air conditioning.
- Heating: This is an "all-year-round" Villa and is centrally heated. A wood fire can be lit in the sitting room fireplace and logs will be replenished as required.
- There are English language books and DVD's throughout the villa as well as board games and playing cards for the use and enjoyment of guests.
Things to See & Do near San Pietro
- House Information Folder: The comprehensive House Information Folder contains details of recommended local shops, restaurants, markets, cultural, sporting and recreational activities plus many other suggestions on what to do and where to go in the vicinity. The folder also includes additional maps and brochures Further details of all matters referred to on this website are available in The House Information Folder.
- Markets abound in the surrounding towns and villages, the largest and arguably the best of which is in Lorgues on Tuesdays, in Draguignan (9kms) on Wednesdays and Saturdays and Les Arcs (10kms) on Thursdays. Details of where and when they take place are in the House Information Folder. The local specialities of pottery and Provençal fabrics are widely available.
- Fairs and festivals (including concerts at the nearby Abbaye du Thoronet) take place throughout the summer, with details in the House Information Folder.
- Tennis: The Tennis Club in Lorgues has 4 outdoor and 2 indoor courts. Booking information is in The House Information Folder.
- Golf: There are a number of good-to-outstanding 18-hole golf courses within 30 kms. Arguably the best are St Endréol and Barbaroux, details of which are also in The house Information Folder.
- There is swimming, sailing and windsurfing on the Lac de St Croix, whilst the spectacular Gorges du Verdon offer gentle to more exhilarating rafting, canyoning, kayaking and canoeing (both 50 kms from the Villa). Electric motor boats can be hired to visit some of the gorges.
- Riding: There are also details in the manual of nearby riding stables, providing everything from lessons to dressage to trekking in the surrounding countryside.
- Walks: There are marvellous walks in several directions with details in the House Information Folder.
- Villages and Towns:There are many stunning towns and villages in the vicinity, including the following, to name but a few: Entrecasteaux, which boasts a beautiful Château and gardens designed by Le Nôtre in the 17th century (he also laid out those at Versailles); Tourtour, which is known as "the village in the sky", whilst Aups is the gateway to the Haut Var and said to be the truffle capital of France; Salernes, which is renowned for numerous pottery shops and its excellent (but small) Sunday market.
- Restaurants:There are a wide selection of restaurants in the area, ranging both in price and sophistication with recommendations of many in the House Information Folder. Truffles are a local speciality.
- Beaches:The beaches of Ste Maxime are 40 minutes' drive and those of St Tropez, Cavalaire and Cannes are under an hour out of high season, although the journey can take rather longer in July and August.
- Vineyards: There are many vineyards in the area, providing red, white and rosé wines (rosé wines being a Provençal speciality). Most offer tastings and on-the-spot purchases, whilst the excellent Maison des Vins in Les Arcs sells a comprehensive selection of the region's finest wines.
- Lavender, nougat, honey and other local products:A nearby lavender farm makes and sells essences and related products. There are also nougat and honey producers in the vicinity. All of these are available in the local markets.
- The nearby Château de Berne is noted for its wines, as well as for its restaurants, adventure playground, art exhibitions and jazz concerts.
- Children: There are a number of other children's adventure playgrounds and zoos in the area, including one near Vidauban which provides a range of activities for all ages from 3 to the late teens. There are also quad-biking opportunities for older children.
- Tourist Office: There is an excellent tourist office in Lorgues.
Rents & Terms
2021 Rents and Terms
July & August
£6,500 per week
£5,500 per week
£4,250 per week
£4,250 per week
Low Season Oct-May
Unless otherwise agreed, all rentals will be for a minimum of one week, and will begin and end on a Saturday.
Tenants should arrive at 4pm on the commencement day, and should leave by 10am on the agreed day of departure. They will be welcomed on arrival, given a tour of the property and shown how everything works.
A deposit of 25% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the 75% balance to be paid 10 weeks prior to the commencement of the let.
A Booking and Security Deposit of £650 will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking and will cover the cost of a) pool heating if required @ £200/week (May, June and September) and £150/week in July and August b)replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental and (c) any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of the tenancy. It will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 4 weeks of the conclusion of the tenancy.
Unless otherwise agreed, there should not be more than 12 people staying in the property at any one time.
The owners' insurance policy requires that all doors are locked, and that all windows and shutters are closed when tenants are away from the property.
Tenants should advise Anglo French Properties Ltd at the end of each rental of any breakages, losses and/or damages. This is in lieu of an inventory. The housekeeper will also check and advise of any damage/loss.
Pool safety. Children must be supervised at all times. The pool alarm to be turned on whenever the pool is left unoccupied.
Water is metered and can be scarce in the summer months so guests are asked to ensure they do not leave taps running.
Please close and tie all sun umbrellas at night and on windy days as they are easily blown over and are expensive to mend/replace.
Pets may be permitted on prior request and agreement.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence and the Côte d'Azur, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by stunning scenery.
Holiday in one of our luxury Italian properties