- Sleeps: 10/12
- Bedrooms: 3 /4 Doubles, 2 Twins
- Bath/Shower Rooms: 5/6 bathrooms, all ensuite
- Rent per week: £3,000 to £3,960
- Key features:Gascon farmhouse of great comfort, style and character
Spacious rooms and bedrooms
Beautiful garden and grounds
Recently converted barn in the garden forms a charming self contained annexe and provides the option of an additional double bedroom plus living room and kitchenette taking potential accommodation to 12.
11m x 5m Heated outdoor swimming pool
Beautiful views over vineyards, valley and Gascon country
Utterly private and peaceful
Join the newsletter
By signing up to our email newsletter, you agree to Anglo French Properties Ltd sending you an approximately quarterly newsletter, and where applicable current offers/promotions. Your email data will be shared with our 3rd party email marketing provider for this purpose
At the end of a long private drive and set in two acres of gardens and grounds La Boupillére is a rare find.
Lovingly restored and refurbished by its owners with great sensitivity and respect to the character of its origins La Boupillére is a most wonderful home to enjoy en famille. It also makes for a superb base to discover the delights of this very distinctive and unspoilt part of rural France.
With marvellous views over the undulating landscape of small farms and vineyards and with distant views of the Pyrénées its no surprise this area is described as Le Petit Tuscan.
The house sleeps up to 10 in 5 bedrooms.
A charming small barn conversion in the garden 'La Petite Boupillére' provides an additional double bedroom allowing accommodation for a couple with a little independence from the main house. This has a sitting room with wonderful views, a kitchenette and a shower/bathroom.
"Every other year we bring our children and grandchildren to France for two weeks – so they cant escape! We have done this over 18 years, staying in 9 houses. Without a doubt your wonderful home tops the bill, by far. We have enjoyed a fantastic fortnight in your superbly equipped house, and in particular have enjoyed hilarious family evenings playing Linka etc. Thank you so very much."
Peter Roberts, UK
"As before La Boupillére was absolutely lovely. Highlight was the walk across the sunflower fields to Gazapouy and splendid lunch Chez Hubert – coq au vin plus crème brulee."
Webbs family, Bristol, UK.
"I and my extended family just wanted to thank you for a lovely week at La Boupillére. It was exactly what we all needed; a week relaxing in the most comfortable house we have ever rented and in the most magical location. You have renovated it so well and all of us hope we can return in the future. It was just so beautiful. Thank you so much for accepting our booking and was the centre of a perfect last break before our daughter arrives in late October/early November."
Will Johnson, UK
''Thank ypou for a wonderful two weeks in this gorgeous house . We've loved the pool, the barn games and the beautiful countryside. We've enjoyed fabulous hospitality at Café Hubert and three generations of family tennis at Gazaupouy. We've eaten, drunk amd laughed so much and its been great to escape to France after lockdown. Bike hire from Gasconny Bike Hore was a great success!''
John Roberts UK
''Thank you for a truly amazing week. We have fallen in love with your beautiful house. It was the perfect escape from crazy English life. Virus, what virus!?
The views have been spectacular, the red squirrels gorgeous and and thank you for the Floc recommendation. We have taken several bottles home with us!
We really hope to return for a longer stay. There's a lot more exploring to be done''
The Mccawbridge family UK
A long unmetalled drive winds tantalisingly down to the old farmhouse.
There is ample space for parking beside house and gardens.
Internally, on the ground floor, the room of greatest light, height, space and character is the large open plan kitchen/eating/relaxing area. From here access flows easily outside into the garden and pool and inside to the other parts of the house.
Downstairs the house principally comprises an open plan kitchen/dining room plus two sitting rooms and upstairs 5 very comfortable double/twin bedrooms with 5 ensuite bathrooms.
There is accommodation for 10 (plus babies) in the main house with the option of an additional double bedroom in a charming separate self contained barn conversion in the garden called 'La Petite Boupillére'. This also has its own kitchenette, sitting room and shower room and is perfect for a couple who might appreciate a little independence.
There is generous fitted cupboard and hanging space in all bedrooms..
Kitchen: A magnificent West facing room of great charm and character orientates towards the best views and leads naturally on to two separate patio/terrace areas where either sun or shade can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
This spacious room with its exposed roof timbers and exposed stone walls has at its southern end a long dining table enjoying natural light from large fan headed French windows. The well equipped kitchen area forms a natural open alcove on part the eastern wall. It contains a gas cooker, electric oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffee maker and all ancillary equipment. It is open to the Dining area on two sides, with fully equipped base and wall units on two sides and a door leading through to a Wash/Utility room.
At the Northern end of the kitchen, raised and separated by 6 steps there is a comfortable, cosy children’s relaxing and seating area with sofa/seats around the walls, a Panasonic flat screen TV and DVD player.
Doors from the kitchen lead to:
Sitting Room: A cosy family room with large open fireplace and two generous sofas each side of a coffee table in front of the fire. There is a further flat screen TV in one corner.
Wash/Utility Room: Accessed immediately from the kitchen and leads on/out via the back door to the parking area. Contains washing machine, tumble dryer, 3 full height fridge freezers, ironing board and iron.With Downstairs WC and shower.
An Entrance Hall is accessed through the formal front door of the house and off which is the Sitting room (described above) and:
Study/Sitting Room: A more formal sitting room with desk and bookshelves/library, comfortable sofas and armchairs and an open woodburning fireplace. Windows to the gardens East and South.
From the raised children’s sitting area at the Northern end of the kitchen a door leads to a landing area off which is:
Bedroom 3: With twin beds (3’w x 6’). French windows to the North with:
Ensuite Bathroom 3: With shower, wash basin and WC.
Stairs from the same landing descend to:
Bedroom 4: With twin beds (3’w x 6’). Windows facing North and French windows opening to a terrace/seating area on the East side.
Ensuite Bathroom 4: With bath (and shower over), washbasin and WC.
Bedroom 5: Access from the garden. With double bed, West and South facing French windows leading onto a terrace.
Ensuite Bathroom 5: With twin washbasins, shower and WC.
Stairs from the entrance hallway on the South side of the main house lead up to the first floor of the house and a landing area off which lead:
Bedroom 2: With double bed and windows to South and East and:
Ensuite Bathroom 2: With walk in shower, washbasin and WC.
Bedroom 1: Master Bedroom with King size double bed (6’ x 6’6”). There is an additional single bed in this room. South facing window and:
Large Ensuite Bathroom 1: With bath, walk in shower, twin washbasins and WC with North and East facing windows.
'La Petite Boupillére'
Completed in 2022 this charming small barn conversion is a treasure. On the ground floor there is a comfortable Sitting Room enjoying spectacular views through a magnificent dome window which fills most of one side of the building. It also has a discreet kitchenette. Upstairs is a Double Bedroom 6 with super kingsize bed, shower and WC.
Garden & Grounds
The gardens surrounding La Boupillére extend to 2 acres and are a varied mix of lawn, flowering shrubs, lavender plants, roses and mature trees. There are a number of local roses celebrated at the regional roses festival each year.
A short stroll within sight of the house, is a heated, alarmed and filtered swimming pool. It is oval/kidney shaped measuring approximately 11m x 5m with steps leading in to a depth of 3’ at the shallow end shelving to 6’ at the deep end. There are sunbeds/loungers and parasols to use around the pool.
A large covered terrace area with BBQ, fridge and open fireplace adjoins the pool for relaxing and eating al fresco.
A choice of breakfast/lunch/dining terraces adjoin the house to South and West all accessed conveniently from the kitchen. Across the garden are a variety of shady spots and quiet spaces to relax and enjoy.
An old barn in the garden forms a Games Room with a table tennis table and a pool table. There is also a trampoline, a croquet set and Badminton for guests to enjoy and a choice of natural sites for contests of La Boule.
Between Bordeaux and Toulouse La Boupillére is in the department of Gers, close to the small hamlet of Laserre, and 10 minutes from the market town of Condom.
The local village is Gazaupouy, a 4 minute drive or 15 minute walk by footpath across the fields.
The historic and pretty village of La Romieu is 5 minutes by car. It has two lovely restaurants on the main square. With an excellent boulangerie it’s the nearest and best for fresh croissants and bread and also has a newsagent and épicerie.
The market town of Condom (10 minutes) has a choice of restaurants, cafés and bars aswell as supermarkets and a traditional market (Wednesdays).
The beautiful Bastides villages of Montreal, Larressingle and Fourcés are all close by and there are a choice of restaurants in Montreal and Fourcés.
The city of Auch (50 minutes) with its cathedral renowned for its world famous stained glass windows, a market on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, shops and historic centre is well worth a visit.
Likewise Agen (30 minutes) has a wide variety of shops, a market every day except Monday, a theatre, museum, cathedral and an attractive historic quarter.
La Boupillére is 30 minutes South of Exit 7 (signed Agen) on the Bordeaux Toulouse (A62/E72).
Toulouse Airport is 90 minutes and Bordeaux and Pau Airports both c 120 minutes by car.
The superfast TGV stops at Agen (30 minutes).
- House Information Folder: There is a very helpful A-Z House Information Folder with details of recommended local shops, restaurants, markets, cultural, sporting and recreational activities plus many other suggestions on what to do and where to go in the vicinity. The folder also includes maps, brochures and contact details of local doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians and services. Further details of all matters referred to on this website are available in The House Information Folder.
- Arrival: Tenants will be met on arrival and shown how everything works, both inside and out.
- Cleaning: The cleaners come in on Saturday to change sheets and clean the whole house throughout.
- Additional Housework: Any additional hours of housework should be agreed by prior arrangement and paid direct by guests.
- Cooking Services: Provided sufficient notice is given, a part time cook can be found. His/her wage will be the guest’s responsibility, and can be ascertained in advance should guests wish.
- Telephone: There is a telephone for local calls. Reimbursement will be requested if this is used excessively.
- Mobile Phones: Mobile phone signal is variable in the house but good in the garden.
- WIFI/Broadband: There is WiFi broadband internet access in the kitchen.
- Laundry: There is a washing machine and dryer in the Wash/Utility Room adjoining the kitchen. An iron and ironing board are also stored there.
- TV: There is a TV in the sitting rooms with terrestial channels (French and English).
There is a DVD player with a selection of DVD’s beneath the TV in the children’s sitting room.
There are a selection of CD’s below the stereo system in the sitting room.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels: Are provided free of charge and will be changed on a weekly basis.
- Garden and Pool Maintenance: The garden, grounds and pool are the responsibility of Joel who will make the occasional discreet appearance to attend his duties. Grass cutting is normally carried out on Saturdays during the period between guests departing and arriving.
- Heating: It is an all year round house and there is central heating throughout. There are also open fires in the sitting room. Logs for the fireplace are provided and there is a store of dry wood located in the woodstore.
- Children: There are 2 cots for children up to 2 years and 2 high chairs. There is an additional single bed in Bedroom 1.
There is a good selection of games and toys for children
There are a number of English language books and a choice of board games and playing cards for the use and enjoyment of guests.
Things to See & Do near La Boupillére
- House Information Folder: There is a very helpful A -Z House Information Folder with details of recommended local shops, restaurants, markets, cultural, sporting and recreational activities plus many other suggestions on what to do and where to go in the vicinity. The folder also includes maps, brochures and contact details of local doctors, dentists, plumbers, electricians and services. Further details of all matters referred to on this website are available in The House Information Folder.
- Markets: Normally in full swing by 8am and finished by lunchtime. Condom (Wednesdays), Nerac (Saturday), Fleurance (Tuesday), Eauze (Thursdays), Lectoure (Fridays), Agen (every day except Monday) and Auch (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) are all good and easy to reach.
- Restaurants: Gascony is a foody’s paradise. There are an extensive choice of good to outstanding restaurants for all budgets. A recommended selection are contained in The House Information Folder.
- Bicycling/Bike Hire: This is excellent bicycling country and a wonderful way to see and enjoy the local area. Bicycles can be hired from Condom and and La Romieu and booked on arrival.
- Walks/Walking:There are wonderful walks all over the area some starting from La Boupillére itself and a more extensive choice locally.
- Tennis: There is a tennis court in the local village of Gazaupouy where guests can play free of charge. There is a selection of tennis rackets but guests should bring their own tennis balls.
- Golf:There are a good choice of courses locally at Auch, Eauze, Fleurance, L’IsleJourdain, Masseube and Tillac.
- Skiing: The ski slopes of The Alpes Maritimes are only two hours away for those wishing to ski in the winter months.
- Wildlife: There is much of interest. In May and June cuckoo’s can be heard and often a hoopoe in the garden. Nightingales sing with amour at this time. The frogs strike up a fine chorus in Spring and early summer.
- Local villages:The beautiful Bastides villages of Montreal, Larressingle and Fourcés are all close by and there are a choice of restaurants in Montreal and Fourcés.The historic and very pretty village of La Romieu is 5 minutes by car. It has two lovely restaurants on the man square
- Towns and Cities:The market town of Condom (10 minutes) has a choice of restaurants, cafés and bars aswell as supermarkets and a traditional market (Wednesdays).
- In Nérac the Palace of King Henri IV (1553-1610) is well worthy of a visit. Also Moissac with its 13th century cloisters.
- The stunning town of Lectoure has thermal baths and a museum describing the history of wode, which made Toulouse’s fortune. Here also is The Chateau of The Counts of Armagnac with outstanding views of the whole area.
- Auch (50 minutes). Capital of The Gers, its cathedral is renowned for its world famous stained glass windows. The market on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, shops and historic centre combine to create an enjoyable and interesting visit.
- Likewise Agen (30 minutes) has a wide variety of shops, a market every day except Monday, a theatre, museum, cathedral and an attractive historic quarter.
- Toulouse has many art galleries, museums, world class opera and music, as well as top quality shops and restaurants. Its also renowned for its Space Museum, plus the fascinating tours of the nearby Airbus factory.
- Course Landaises: Several events/festivals are held in Gazapouy each year in April, May and June. The ‘course landaise’ is an ancient form of bullfighting in oval or rectangular arenas covered in sand, that involve no bloodshed. Experienced cows, with great horns are used instead of bulls. The cows are selected from the same breed as the bulls used for the Spanish corrida's. In Gascony it is a major spectator sport, with as many as 600 events each year
- Churches and Abbeys: There are churches of note in every village. The Abbaye de Flaran hosts art exhibitions and each summer a beautiful ‘son et lumiere’.
- Vineyards and Wine: There are a wide choice of local vineyards most of which encourage tastings and on the spot purchases. Slightly further for the wine enthusiasts are Bordeaux’s famed vineyards of the Medoc, St Emilion, Pomerol, Sauternes and Barsac.
- Armagnac: Gascony is well known for its Armagnac and lesser known local aperitif, Floc. There is a distillery in Gazaupouy and its produce can be bought form the neigbouring owners.
- Skiing in The Pyrénées is 2 hours by car.
- Surfing Beaches: Biarritz and its beaches are a 2 ½ hour drive. The best ones are at Hoosesgor and Cap Breton. Great care should be taken as the surf is very strong and even good swimmers can get into trouble.
- Children: There is an amusement Park at Agen called Walabi Park – popular for its white knuckle rides!
- Tourist Office: There is a tourist office in Condom. This site is also excellent www.gers-gascogne.com
Rents & Terms
2022 Rents and Terms - Main House
9th April - 7th May
£3,000 per week
7th May - 11th June
£3,400 per week
11th June – 3rd September
£3,960 per week
3rd September – 15th October
£3,300 per week
15th October - 5th November
£3,000 per week
2023 Rents and Terms
8th April - 13th May £3,200 per week
13th May - 24th June £3,900 per week
24th June - 2nd September £4,500 per week
2nd September - 14th October £3,800 per week
14th October - 4th November £3,200 per week
The main house can be taken on its own (with accommodation for 10 + babies) and La Petite Boupillére can be rented aswell for an additional £100/night bringing the accommodation to 12.
The main house and la Petite Boupillere will never be let separately so tenants enjoy exclsiive occupation whether they choose to rent La Petite Boupillere in addoition or not.
Unless otherwise agreed, all rentals will be for a minimum of one week, and will begin and end on a Saturday.
Tenants should arrive at 4pm on the commencement day, and should leave by 10am on the agreed day of departure. They will be welcomed on arrival, given a tour of the property and shown how everything works.
A deposit of 20% of the rent will be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing the Rental Agreement, with the 80% balance to be paid 10 weeks prior to the commencement of the let.
A Booking and Security Deposit will also be payable to Anglo French Properties Ltd on signing this Rental Agreement. This will secure the booking and will cover (a) the cost of replacing/making good any losses, breakages and/or damages incurred during the rental and (b) any exceptional cleaning work which may be required at the end of the tenancy. It will be refunded (less any deductions as outlined above) within 4 weeks of the conclusion of the tenancy.
Unless otherwise agreed, there should not be more than 10 people (plus babies) staying in the property at any one time.
The owners' insurance policy requires that all doors are locked, and that all windows and shutters are closed when tenants are away from the property.
Tenants should advise Anglo French Properties Ltd at the end of each rental of any breakages, losses and/or damages. This is in lieu of an inventory.The housekeeper will also check and advise of any damage/loss.
Pool safety. Children must be supervised at all times. The pool alarm to be turned on whenever the pool is left unoccupied.
Water is metered and can be scarce in the summer months so guests are asked to ensure they do not leave taps running.
Please close and tie all sun umbrellas at night and on windy days as they are easily blown over and are expensive to mend/replace.
Pets are not permitted.
South West France, Provence and the Cote d'Azur
Our luxury Villas and Châteaux in South West France, set in stunning and tranquil locations, turn the dream of "get away from it all" holidays into a reality.
For luxury Villa holidays in Provence and the Côte d'Azur, our selection comprises charming properties surrounded by stunning scenery.
We encourage you to explore our new and expanding Italian portfolio..